The Head of Operation of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, in Ekiti State, Mr Segun Afolayan, has cautioned residents on the need to always keep their cooking gas cylinders outside of the kitchen to prevent fire disaster.

Afolayan made this known during an interview with newsmen on Thursday in Ado-Ekiti, adding that putting gas cylinders, especially those ones that have expired, in the kitchen could lead to fire disasters in the house.

The NEMA boss advised that it is safer to put gas cylinders outside the kitchen and runs the pipe outside than putting it inside the kitchen, as keeping the cylinders in the kitchen could lead fire disasters.

Warning Ekiti residents to also always put off all electrical appliances before leaving the house, as leaving them on could lead to fire disasters, Afolayan added that he observed that the way and manner there’s fluctuations in electricity current which the distribution company provides may lead to fire disasters, if nobody is at home to regulate it.

The NEMA boss also used the opportunity to warn market men and women to desist from the habit of burning refuses in the gutter, saying this could lead to fire disasters in the market.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here