A new twist twist has been introduced to the murder of Super TV Chief Executive Officer, Usifo Ataga, as the main suspect, the University of Lagos student, Chidinma Ojukwu, the chief murder suspect in the crime, has denied culpability in the crime, claiming that she had nothing to do with the man’s death.

Recall that Ms Ojukwu had been arrested in her apartment at 57, Akinwunmi Street, Alagomeji, Yaba area of Lagos, last month, after her connection to the murder scene, where Ataga was found dead.

The 21-year-old had claimed to have stabbed the man, when he was making advances towards her violently.

She had then told reporters while being paraded by the police for the crime, “At some point, he hit my head on the wall and I retaliated. He held me and was choking me as I leaned on the cabinet. In defence, I stretched out my hand and collected a knife and stabbed him in the neck. I had attempted severally to leave before then, but he stopped me.”

But now, the young woman has now offered a different story in regards to the businessman’s death.

Ojukwu, in an interview with ‘Crime Fighters,’ claimed that she had met Ataga dead when she came back from an errand.

Speaking on Ataga’s marriage, Ms Ojukwu claimed that he was having issues with his wife, and was not a family man, as popularly opined.

She volunteered, “He has issues with his wife. He wasn’t into a happy married life, he was just more of catering for his kids.”

She said that they had both partied all night and by the next morning, he sent her out to buy provisions for the apartment and drugs.

She narrated, “Before I was leaving, he stood up to lock the door. But when I got in I was knocking and there was no answer. I opened the door and discovered it wasn’t locked. The duvet was on the floor, plus pillows. The couch was facing the door, and the bed was stained with blood already. The floor where he was was bloody. Music was on, the TV was on. The room was disarranged like someone broke in.”

She added that she took her belongings, and his things (among which was his ATM card) and fled.

She added, “Then I saw him on the floor. I didn’t know what to do; I took my things with his things and left. I just did it, it is not like I have anything to do with his death. I didn’t have anything to do with his death.”

When asked why she still withdrew money from Ataga’s card, she said it was because the Super TV boss had already offered her the money prior to his death.

She also debunked claims that she had withdrawn millions of naira from Ataga’s account, saying that she had only N400,000 in her account.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here